What’s unique about Kripalu’s 200-hour Yoga Teaching Program is that I will be living on the grounds for 28 days, eating three vegetarian meals a day and do an insane amount of yoga things.
Kripalu is so organized; they sent me two very helpful packets explaining how to maintain my health before and during the program. Here are the things I will be aiming for during the next twenty days.
1. Eating only three meals a day around 8:00AM, 12:00PM & 6:00PM
Setting meal times now will help my internal clock adjust to the scheduled meal times at Kripalu.
The objective is to prepare my body for the rigorous schedule of the teaching program. Here’s an example of the daily schedule:
2. Go to bed between 8:00PM and 10:00PM
I already wake up for 5AM shifts for work, I just need to learn to get enough rest. This isn’t college anymore; no more all-nighters.
3. Lengthen & increase the frequency of my yoga sessions
I’ve been doing insanity videos and running a lot lately, now that the date is approaching I need to refocus on my yoga practice.
4. Follow Guidelines for Healthy Digestion:
- Avoid eating raw and cooked foods together
- Choose only 3-4 items at each meal
- Sip warm water instead of cold water
- Eat without distractions
I’m excited to meet like-minded people, learn more about myself and pursue something that I love. However, I’m nervous that I won’t excel or perform as well as I’d like. I’m also anxious to see how the workload and rigid schedule will work for me.
Above all, the word surreal comes to mind. It’s so surreal that the date is approaching!