I am super appreciative and grateful that the wonderful Sandy of The Fit Foodie Eats nominated me for a Liebster Award! Please go and check out her awesome blog!!
The Liebster is an award given from one blogger to another, usually with under 200 followers! It helps blogs discover each other, connect, and share some love!
The rules are simple:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
- How did you become interested in your fitness and health?
As you can read in my about me section, I struggled with anorexia in high school and couldn’t pull myself out of that depressive mindset until I found group exercise classes. The instructors at my college were approachable, inspiring, strong and beautiful. They inspired me to embark on my own fitness journey, and here I am!
- How do you stay motivated when you just don’t feel like doing exercise?
I imagine the euphoric feeling during and after a hard workout. I envision my feelings of accomplishment; one more workout means I’m one step closer to my goals. I just KNOW working out makes me happy, so I get off my butt and never regret it.
- What are your blogging ambitions?
Initially I started blogging for myself. However, after a breakup I decided to share my story and my journey with others to hopefully have a more impactful effect and better myself. Hopefully, my openness with overcoming an eating disorder will inspire others to use exercise as a means to feel strong, learn to love themselves at any size and to realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to help others!
- What is the best piece of health/fitness advice you have ever been given?
Just go for it. Like a lot of people, I’m afraid of failure. That was my approach with running; I used to run a 7 minute mile with ease so anything slower would be seen as a “failure” to me. However, now that I have the Nike mindset of “just do it” I realize you have to start somewhere and I feel better knowing that I’m striving for something! No thinking, just doing.
- What’s your favourite sport/fitness activity?
Yoga and zumba! Yoga reminds me of dance (I always wanted to be a dancer!) – vinyasa yoga is all about methodic, graceful movements guided by your breath. It makes you appreciate your body. Meanwhile, zumba is just so fun! I’m Colombian, so the Latin songs give me an excuse to use my hips while getting my heart rate up. I’m all about having fun while working out!
- How much of an impact has your health and fitness journey had on your life overall?
Oh man. It’s almost indescribable. In high school, when I had my anorexia I was diagnosed with Depression and Borderline Personality Disorder. However, when I discovered fitness and learned how to fuel my body for my workouts, those diagnoses dissipated. I just feel so genuinely happy. I learned to love myself through my health journey.
- What is your favourite clean food?
It’s a toss up between arugula and roasted brussels sprouts. I love bitter, crunchy things; arugula with goat cheese and vinegar? Perfection! And brussels sprouts’ outer leaves get super crisp when roasted. I’m literally salivating just thinking about it.
- What single exercise do you feel you have seen the most benefits from?
Running. Although I have a love-hate relationship with running, when I do run consistently my belly flattens, I get a nice little quad pump and my posture is on point all day.
- What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food?
Cookies! On late drunken nights through Grand Central I need to buy one huge, gooey chocolate chip cookie from my favorite bakery. It gives me a bellyache, but it’s so worth it – and happens seldom.
- How do you like to spend you rest days?
Blogging or going for a walk on the dirt paths near my house. I love being outside so I’ll find any excuse to still be active while enjoying the sunshine.
Alright, so here are the ten questions for my nominees:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. What’s your favorite thing to write about (recipes, fitness programs, opinions)?
3. What do you think is the most effective exercise?
4. What inspired your interest in health/food/fitness?
5. What’s your favorite recipe?
6. What’s your healthy living philosophy?
7. coffee, tea, wine or beer?
8. What do you think is you’re greatest accomplishment?
9. If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
10. What’s your perfect cheat meal?
Here are the ten bloggers that I nominate, please look at their amazing blog posts!
Cassy @ On The Inside
Nick @ Stronger Golf
Kelly @ The Kelly Struggle
Sam @ Sweat Like A Girl
Celeste @ Honk if You’re Vegan
Kailee @ Yoga Across the Country
Sarah @ Strong Fit Beautiful
Andrea @ Cooking with a Wallflower
Eveline @ Fashion, Food and Flirts
Maria @ Dinner Bank